A New Moon marks the beginning of a new cycle, a fresh start in it’s cycle of waxing and waning. During this time the Moon is empty and receptive and full of potential. New Moon is an optimum time to plant seeds of intentions for what you wish to manifest in your life.
Women are deeply synced with the cycles of the moon. I believe that one of the reasons humanity are so disconnected from the feminine aspects of ourselves – nurture, compassion, forgiveness, unconditional love – is because the woman has been deeply dishonored for thousands of years in a patriarchal world. Women with “powers” were condemned, burned at the stake, raped, pillaged, abused, and exploited – and still are.
And in today’s modern world, many of us live our lives so disconnected from Mother Earth, and devoid of any kind of ritual that creates the space for us to connect.
The New Moon provides us with an opportunity to take the time to create SACRED SPACE for ourselves. It’s essential.
There is something so powerful when women come together to support each other on their journey. We are healed, we are nurtured, we feel supported, comforted and understood – individually and collectively. Many of us feel alone on this spiritual journey, especially if our family and friends don’t understand the path that is unfolding for us. This is why gathering together as sacred, spiritual sisters, is imperative at this time in our evolution.
Moreover, when you share sacred space together you MAGNIFY the power of your intentions. You also create a web connecting women all across the globe with similar high-vibe intentions.
The tradition of women gatherings has been going on for eons, and when you gather with your sisters on the new moon you join millions of other women around the world doing the same, and the rise of the Divine Feminine begins to gain strength. It’s our time.
May this be an inspiration to you to gather at least a friend or two and create a circle of connection around the new moon.
First know that there is no right or wrong. It doesn’t matter exactly what you do, just that you create a ritual that feels reverent to your Higher Feminine Self.
I’ve put together some tips for creating a circle, but feel free to add or get creative in your circle.
1. Ask your sisters to bring a favorite essential oil, a favorite crystal, tarot deck, and their intentions written. Additionally, you can ask them to bring some flowers or herbs for a bowl of bath salts you will each share at the end.
If you wish to have dinner before, have everyone bring a dish to share. I tend to eat before and have everyone gather only for the ritual. I stay away from wine during the ritual, but it is fine if you’d like to share a little bit of red wine after the ceremony.
2. The day of the gathering, you’ll want to spend some time cleaning and beautifying your home. This is not because you need it to look a certain way for your visitors, but rather a cleansed space is where Great Goddess likes to join.
3. Pick a place where you can gather in a circle at your home. You could put a tapestry on the floor and put pillows all around. You could sit outside in the grass if the weather is nice. In the center you can put a bowl of unscented bath salts. Put candles around it and extra oils that you can share in case someone forgot to bring one.
4. While your sisters arrive, light some sage, copal, or palo santo and “cleanse” the space and everyone before entering the circle. These sacred scents are beautiful purifiers and helps to cleanse the energy and create the space for the ritual to begin.
5. Open the circle.You can ring a bell or chimes. Ask everyone to close their eyes, you can all take some deep breaths together, or Aum 3 times. Call in the directions & elements – North, South, East, West, Father Sky, Mother Earth.
6. Share a little bit about what will happen in the circle and the importance of gathering from your heart. Share what’s happening with that particular Moon astrologically, what energy it’s bringing in~ For this, I love checking mysticmamma.com. It’s amazing to see how many always feel resonant with what’s happening.
7. Pick 3 tarot decks and have everyone pick a card from each deck. There may be silence while everyone picks and reads about their cards.
8. Now begin going around the circle, beginning with yourself, set your intentions for what you wish to manifest in this new cycle, this new beginning marked by the New Moon…and potentially share what came up for you in your cards. Share your intentions silently or with the group aloud.
It is nice if everyone has a little piece of sage to burn while they are stating their intentions and speaking.
As you state what you wish to bring in, put a drop of oil in the bath salt with your intention. You might say something like, “I’m putting in Frankincense to bring in more grounding and connection to my Source” etc…
You may say as many intentions as you feel moved and with every intention, do an action, like put a drop of oil, a flower or herb in the bowl. In this way, you are making your intention symbolic. When you are done, put out your sage in the salts. Then pass the space to the next sister.
9. After every sister has spoken, have everyone lay their hands on the salts and say a Blessing like: “May all our intentions be sealed, and realized!”
10. The mood is happy, the ritual is almost over, everyone has shared and all are loving the herbal bath crystals you have created! Perhaps you can all sing a song or a chant. Personally I like to play the harmonium and chant to Lakshmi or another Goddess. You can print out the chant beforehand so everyone can follow.
11. To close the circle, join hands, give thanks, say it is done! Give thanks to the directions and elements and spirit animals for joining. Ring bells, clap and celebrate.
Post Circle::: Have everyone get their hands in the bowl and mix up the wonderful bath salts you have created. By this point, they are are infused with your intentions and filled with oils, flowers and herbs! PURE MAGIC! Each sister should take a handful or two or bath salts home. It is best to wait until the FULL MOON to take your bath in this magic salt potion.